So, I’m pretty much out of go-juice right now. The snot monster has won, taken my brains hostage, and I am having trouble stringing useable sentences together.
Don’t ask me to comprehend….. please?
So, it’s time to play True Confessions:
1. I have never seen Rocky Horror Picture Show all the way through. I get the campiness, I love Tim Curry, but every time it comes on, I start to fidget – and find something else to do to distract me. Maybe it’s Meatloaf’s fault?
2. I cry at stupid things – like songs. Katy Perry’s “Firework” gets to me, almost every time. As well as Linkin Park’s “Leave Out All The Rest”, and Queen’s “The Days of Our Lives”. There are others, but those are the man ones. Don’t ask why, didn’t I say I can’t brain today? Obviously, since I’m spilling all my embarrassing secrets… 😦
3. I hate doing things just because people all clamor to do them, or see them. If there’s a meme out there going, and I see that everyone is doing it – I won’t. I just won’t. I’ve successfully avoided ever seeing the Old Spice dude in the shower. I hate reposting those “If you have a husband/brother/sister/child that you absolutely love/hate/loathe/are proud of then REPOST THIS LIKE A MILLION FRICKIN TIMES, OR OBVIOUSLY YOU DON’T LOVE YOUR LOVED ONE.”
You want to bet? I just don’t like following the herd, and I hate having people tell me what to do when, especially on social media networks. If I feel like posting something, then I’ll damn well do it my own way – when I’m good and ready.
4. I was a holy terror as a kid – or so I’m told. I was a snot to my best friend’s cousin when I was little, growing up in Iowa. I think it was mostly because I was jealous. *shrug* I apologized when she told me about it years later – but to this day, I still don’t remember telling her that she couldn’t play Barbies with us.
And one more, just to round out the list for today: (and because I can’t think of anything else)
5. I get really uncomfortable when people compliment me – for anything. I don’t know why, not really. Probably something to do with my childhood. *shrug* I never really know what to say when someone says something nice to me. I usually go for a “Thanks, but…” and say something self-deprecating to make myself feel better about the compliment. Ok, that didn’t come out right… but the truth is in there, somewhere. So if my responses to anyone’s nice words came out sounding lame, I’m sorry, I just really have trouble taking compliments. I love you for saying them, I just have self-esteem issues. Please, don’t think I don’t mean the Thank you. I sincerely do.
Ok, so enough for the True Confessions! Ack. Time to take something for this fever and hallucination, and think about what I’m going to write for the blog tomorrow…..