It’s been a while since I just posted little bits about what’s going on in my world.
Stuff you might want to know…
1. Went to the local high school for a meeting on financial aid for college for YoungerDaughter tonight. College is so much more expensive now than when I went, but there are so many more options for free sources of money, too… you just have to dig hard to find them. Where did I put my BIG shovel? Either I’ll dig something really good up, or end up with a decent hole to hide in.
Win win, either way.
2. OnlySon has to get immunization boosters, tomorrow. He’s not looking forward to it at all, but at least he doesn’t have to worry about getting more than originally planned for.
I asked them when I called about the appointment if they’d give him the shots for distemper and rabies. The lady said no, danggit.
He is a teenager, after all… don’t you think they’d help with the teenager years??
3. We’ve been settling into a half-decent routine with the addition of two more people in the house. ElderDaughter & FutureSonInLaw are here during the week, & like all changes, there are pros & cons. More pros so far, so crossing my fingers it continues this way.
4. Work is crazy. Still. But, it keeps me busy, and I don’t have time to be bored. All good.
5. Last, but certainly not least by any means… I haven’t talked much at all about the man I’ve been seeing for the last few months. Partly because it’s been going really well, and I just don’t want to jinx anything by talking about it out loud… partly because I just want to keep it…close to the vest. I’m happy. My kids are seeing me happy, for the first time in a long time. I smile more, I laugh more, I’m more relaxed and easier to get along with.
I will say, this man has been totally honest with me, right from the start. There’s no way I can say how much I value that. No emotional games, no hypocrisy, no lies. He is up-front and real. And it’s about damn time.