Sunshine… on my shoulders… makes me happy…
Sunshine… in my eyes can make me cry…
Sunshine on the water looks so lovely…
And it looks even better on my blog!
Dr. Sherry E. Showalter nominated me for this, and I am honored to accept, after checking out her blog, and learning that she is a speaker and psychotherapist about loss and grief, and has written a book entitled “Healing Heartaches – Stories of Loss and Life”.
Helping others deal with loss is something that I’m familiar with, and it’s something that fulfills me in a way I never thought possible. And finding other people out there (of which I’ve met SO MANY since I’ve started blogging) who lend their shoulders, ears, hearts, and hankies to others to help them through the grieving process – it’s amazing at the generosity of the human race behind the scenes. These healers of the heart, often wounded themselves in some way, are almost never recognized for all they do, or for everyone they’ve helped. But I aim to recognize some of them today!
And now, for the instructions. I was told to answer some questions, so here you go!
Favorite Animal: Ok, so I know it’s supposed to be a “real” animal… but I can’t choose just one. Cats, dogs, horses, goats, mice, hamsters, ferrets, teenage children… they’re all beloved animals to me!
Favorite Number: 3
Favorite Non-Alcoholic Drink: Diet Coke
Facebook or Twitter: Facebook
My Passion: Writing, truly – madly – deeply
Getting or Giving Presents: Sure, I like getting, but I’d rather give. I like watching people’s faces when they open something and realize it’s funny/cute/just what they wanted but didn’t know it/totally twisted and hilarious
Favorite Pattern: Um…Simple…
Favorite Day of the Week: Saturday
Favorite Flower: Carnations
And, of course, I’m supposed to nominate others to receive this award as well! All deserving, and you should really go check them out –
1. Mark – The Idiot: Don’t let the nickname fool you, he’s one of the warmest, funniest, most compassionate people I’ve ever met. And, he’s totally twisted too, so GO READ! His blog is The Idiot Speaketh, and I’m honored to call him my BloggingBigBro. Just don’t believe half the stuff you read, cause he’s got a wild imagination, and has no fear of using it to make himself look foolish!
2. Mary at Fibromy-Awesome: This gal has a voice that just won’t quit. She is a funny, positive force out there, working on just getting through every day with a smile and a handful of wisdom that just seems like it’s common sense everyone should know.
3. Sparrow at Sparrow’s Ramblings: When you’re talking awards, Sparrow’s always on my list. She’s one of my best friends, and she has helped me through some really tough times of my own – with a sarcastic wit and a compassionate heart, always willing to take on another’s burdens, in spite of her own life being a whirl of teenagers and jobs and drama that ensues from those.
4. Dragonfae at Among the Crystals, Dragons and Fae: A constant source of support and internet hugs, this lady is spectacularly unique and funny. Smart, as in builds satellites, and wise as in knows the right things to say at the right moments. Truly, a kick-ass lady with a heart of titanium – because it is stronger and can stand up to the rigors of space, of COURSE!
5. Mckenzie with a lil k at The Unabridged Girl: This girl, her laughter is infectious; her compassion is boundless, and her talent is limitless. She has a knack for knowing just what to say or do to make the sun come out on any given gloomy day. With a quirky sense of humor and a gift for thinking sideways, she’s one of my treasured blogging friends.
Whew… so many people to nominate…
I’m going to stop at 5, instead of the previously stated 10 that Dr. Showalter nominated. My fingers are all twisted and cramped now, and I don’t want to give anyone too long of a list to go check out all at once!
I’ll just end with this for today:
Even though the paths may wind
Through the shadows in my mind
Even darkness has its end
If you search around the bend
Twisted though the journey be
Sunshine appears – even with me.