Yesterday was a busy day, between cleaning, gardening & artwork.
But here’s what I finished…
I sculpted these pumpkins, some even have green leaves & squirrelly stem pieces. This was prior to baking.
This pic is a little blurry, but it shows how I work on my sculpting. Tinfoil keeps the sculpey from sticking to my wooden TV tray. The black lump is sculpey I was working with at the time.
Here are all the finished pieces. 2 witch’s hats, 2 black cats, a handful of punkins, & even a bat on a wire. It’s the first time I’ve tried making a bat out of sculpey, & let me say, it wasn’t easy. Such tiny fiddly details…
Anyway, that’s the extent of my accomplishments yesterday. These sculptures took me approximately 3 hours, all told. And they baked up in 10 minutes.
Now, I just have to sand them down, to take off any rough edges, paint the final details (face markings on the punkins, eyes on the cats), & varnish them all to protect.
I also in worked on a couple of smaller trees that I’m making for gifts, but neither one is finished, so, no pictures yet.
But it does feel good to get back into my artwork.
I want the bat!
LOL, I know you do!
Wow, those are adorable!
Thanks so much! I enjoy doing it.