I saw this on another blog, & decided to take a swing at it…
1. What’s the first thing you grab for in the morning?
My phone, checking email while I pee is good time management, yes?
2. Who is your biggest inspiration in life?
My parents. They have been through some hairy, tragic, tough shit in their lives, yet next year they will have been married 50 years, & they’re just really down-to-earth, caring, compassionate, truly kind folks who take in strays & will invite strangers to Thanksgiving if they find out they have no one else to celebrate with.
3. What do you think people notice most about you?
They probably see the humor first, because that’s how I keep my defenses safe. If I have you laughing, you won’t hurt me, right?
4. Who do you hope people notice most about you?
My humor, duh, I don’t want to get hurt.
5. What is your biggest weakness/fatal flaw?
Probably that I’m suuuper independent & refuse to ask for help with my personal problems.
6. What is your biggest strength?
Probably that I’m suuuper independent, & can MacGyver a fix for most anything.
7. What to you is the perfect, most ideal age to be?
27. Don’t ask why, just believe me.
8. High school. Awesome or terrible?
9. Cats or dogs?
Any and all, except reptiles. You name it, I’ve probably had one as a pet at some point (well, no exotics, so leave off the platypus and fennec fox)
10. Adjective that best describes you when you’re drunk?
Goofy…and usually way too fucking honest
11. Why do you love your best friend so much?
He knows who I am, warts & all, & loves me. Plus, he’s my partner in crime when I want to hit up Denny’s and mess with the wait staff by speaking the whole time with British accents.
12. Where do you want to go more than any other place in the world?
Canouan Island. For reasons.
13. Beaches or snow?
Beaches, or forests. Why aren’t forests an option here?
14. What is your absolute, number one, biggest pet peeve?
15. What is one personality trait you simply have no time for?
Entitlement. Get over yourself. We all end up wormfood eventually.
16. Zodiac, MBTI, or Birth Order? Which is the one you lean towards?
Hmm…I’ve used them all in describing & in figuring out people. I can’t choose, I’m such a Gemini, Youngest Child, INFJ.
17. Do you believe in something after death?
Yes. But that’s all you get unless you ask me straight out. I would say that we’re all going to hell in a handbasket, but I’m Pagan, & don’t believe in handbaskets.
18. How does someone instantaneously get on your good side?
Make me laugh with something intelligent AND funny.
19. How about your bad side?
Interrupt me mid-sentence. End of discussion.
20. How do you hope you’re described by people when you’re not around?
I would hope they say I’m funny, or kind, or smart, or good with duct tape.
21. What is your least favorite attribute about yourself?
My weight, but I’m working on that.
22. Is it okay to sleep with socks on?
Depends on what you’ve put the socks on.
23. Coffee or tea?
Flavored water. What is WITH these limited choices, I ask?
24. How many dates until you feel like it’s okay to have sex with someone?
Depends on the someone, & depends on my mood, honestly. Creepers, stalkers & fuckboys get an instant boot to the Auto Zone…the auto-reject zone.
25. What is your love language?
Braille. Let your fingers do the talking. On my neck & shoulders. For at least 5 minutes. Maybe with some warm oil or nice eucalyptus lotion.
26. Do you or do you not believe in ghosts?
27. What’s your vice?
Well, it’s a little red c-clamp just the right size for crafting & holding shit still. Do I need to get Google or Webster’s Dictionary in on this discussion? Why are you so curious about my crafting tools? Sicko.
28. Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram?
Fb, mostly. But I dabble on IG. Twitter I haven’t twitted in years. And even Fb has taken a dive for me.
29. Favorite artist?
Shawn Coss right now. Wicked stuff.
30. Odd numbers or even numbers?
42. 42 is always the answer.
31. Do you believe in organizing or life or letting things just happen?
I like to organize, mostly. But relaxing & just going with something can be a nice change, once in a while. I’m not 27 anymore, I like a little foreknowledge so I can pack my purse or pockets appropriately. Never know when you’ll need emergency gum or a roll of dental floss, yes, I have both.
32. Are you more right brained or left brained?
I’m fully brained, it’s just not always fully functional. Like, when I’m conscious.
33. Which do you prefer, logic or creativity?
Both. Again…fully brained. You need to have both. Geez.
34. Do you think opposites truly attract?
Well, the magnets all say it works. I’m just listening to the magnets.
35. What is your Hogwarts house?
I’d probably be a Ravenclaw. I ask weird questions, too. and give even weirder answers.
36. Ask for permission or ask for forgiveness?
Neither. Are you a grownup or a malcontent? I say, do what feels right for you, as long as no one gets hurt, & it doesn’t break any laws.
37. Do you think chemistry is instant or grows with time?
I think chemistry is a class in school. I don’t want any of that shit I used to see in the beakers growing anywhere around me, thanks. I know what happens to people around growing chemistry. Radiation poisoning and burnt eyebrows. That’s what happens in chemistry.
38. Do you trust someone until proven otherwise or do you think trust has to be earned no matter who with?
Anymore? Trust has to be fucking earned with iron-clad sincerity. If you say something -MEAN. IT.
39. Are there situations in which you think lying is okay and understandable?
I have a horrible time with lies. I can’t tell them well, & hate having them said to me. Let’s just go with truth.
40. Comfortable silences or non-stop conversation?
Silence can be very good. Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver. Both get the job done. and honestly? Too much (meaningless small talk) conversation makes me want to shove red hot knitting needles in my ears.
41. Do you believe in fate or do you think we’re in complete control over our circumstances?
Little of both, actually.
42. Love or money?
LOVE. ALWAYS. Money just pays the bills. Love makes it worth living.
43. Impulsive or methodical?
Again, why pigeonhole me? I can definitely be both. Hello…Gemini!
44. Are you pro-technology/constantly connected or do you think digital detoxes are super necessary?
45. Do you think it’s better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all?
It’s better to have loved and kept, but that doesn’t seem to work for me. They always leave.
46. Do you question things even if it will bother someone or do you try to not rock the boat?
I hate confrontation, but sometimes you have to get out of the damn boat & go looking for the shore.
47. TV shows or Movies?
A little of both, depending on whether I feel like turning on the TV at all.
48. Books or Magazines?
49. Which is more preferable — being nice or being fair?
Being fairly nice and nicely fair. But no one gets to win ALL the time.
50. Describe what would bring you the ultimate happiness in life
Finding him – the one I can Love for the rest of my life, who will love me back. But I’m not holding my breath for that, anymore. Like I said before, they leave. Right now, I’m concentrating on finding moderate to medium happiness, & on the really tough days…a chocolate covered potato chip.